Dr Desai was really encouraging, honest, and all the information was provided in simple terms so I could clearly understand every step of the surgery. I felt cared for during the entire process. When Dr Desai did my procedure he was calm, efficient, and looked me right in my eyes when answering my questions. His confidence gave me confidence. I am deeply grateful to him and sing his praises every chance I get. Thank you for all you do Dr. Desai!
Dr Desai uses the latest technology to provide you with the most advanced and personalized care. In addition, he is known for his painless procedures, including injections, lasers, and surgery
ABOUT THE DOCTOR
"The Eyes shows off the strength of your soul"
Dr. ankit desai
• Surgical Retina, Henry Ford Hospital – Detroit, Michigan
• Ophthalmology, Saint Louis University – St. Louis, Missouri
• M.D., Chicago Medical School – North Chicago, Illinois
• Associate professor, Saint Louis University – St. Louis, Missouri
• Associate staff, Henry Ford Hospital – Detroit, Michigan
Societies and Organizations
• American Society of Retina Specialists (https://www.asrs.org)
• Illinois Society of Eye Physicians & Surgeons (https://www.ileyemd.org/ )
• American Academy of Ophthalmology (https://www.aao.org/)
• American Board of Ophthalmology (https://abop.org/)
FOR YOUR VISIT...
In preparation for your visit please bring the following:
• Driver’s license or other valid government-issued photo ID
• Insurance cards and any co-payment due for visit
• Referral or consultation form (if applicable)
• A list of all your current medications
• Any other pertinent lab work
On the day of your visit, you will see an ophthalmic technician, Dr. Desai and possibly other staff if needed. Your eyes will be dilated to allow Dr. Desai to perform a complete examination and provide you with the best possible care. Please note that some emergency conditions may need immediate treatment by Dr. Desai, so please allow up to 2, sometimes 3 hours for your visit. We kindly ask for your patience as Dr. Desai would like to provide you with the absolute finest care that you deserve.
You will be dilated for your exam, therefore we strongly recommend that you avoid driving and bring someone with you if possible. Having a family member or friend will not only allow you receive same day treatment if needed but it can also assistant is retaining any important information you receiving regarding your condition.
Your insurance plan may require you to obtain a referral from your primary care physician (PCP) in order for your visit to be covered. Please call our office with your insurance information ready and we will be happy to assist you in determining if you are required to obtain one.
Dr. Desai is a medical doctor who specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of diseases involving the retina and vitreous. Retina specialists, also known as vitreoretinal surgeons, must complete medical school and specialized training in ophthalmology, as well as vitreoretinal training. This includes:
• Undergraduate College – 4 years
• Medical school – 4 years
• Internship – 1 year
• Ophthalmology residency – 3 years
• Surgical Retina-Vitreous fellowship – 2 years
Make an appointment Today with Dr. Desai
For your Visit...
What Clients Say
He is one of the most experienced doctor I have ever met. He gives us hope where no one else has. We traveled an hour because we have heard great things about him.
Dr. Desai was amazing! Great bedside manner and explained things well!
I have been to many ophthalmologist in the past, but there have been none quite like Dr. Desai. He is great! I told him what was going on with my vision and he took time to listen to me and carefully see what was wrong and provided a treatment solution. Dr. Desai was very professional and helpful as was all of the staff.